Sam Thompson has been a Township Committee member since 2016, serving as Mayor this year. He has declined to take any salary for his service.
Under Sam’s leadership as Mayor and on the Finance Committee
- The Township’s tax increases and spending have slowed since 2016
- The Township’s budget surplus has grown during this time period
During the last three years, the Township has:
- re-instituted annual road maintenance
- upgraded to a new financial system
- updated the Township website for the first time.
Sam graduated from the University of Virginia with a degree in engineering. He is an IT Consultant with experience in the pharmaceutical and financial industries.
Sam has lived in Delaware Township with his family since 1999.